In order to commercialize the industrial chain of emerging display technology and discover a new blue ocean, Executive Yuan R.O.C. (Taiwan) approved the “Taiwan Display Technology and Application Action Plan” in 2020. By fostering cross-sector collaboration among the suppliers of display components, panels, system integrators, and application service providers in Taiwan, this Action Plan leverages the existing industrial benefits to create a comprehensive solution for system integration.
Accordingly, the SDIA (Smart Display Industrial Alliance) was founded by the Industrial Development Bureau of the Industrial Development Administration, R.O.C. (Taiwan) in 2021.
To achieve the goal of cross-sector collaboration in display panels, components, software, system integration, and service applications, the SDIA has developed four SIGs (Special Interest Groups) corresponding to the four major sectors, Smart Healthcare, Smart Retail, Smart Mobility, and Smart Eduacation and Recreation, to integrate and link up the industry-government-university-institute energy and resources, and to develop smart display application solutions. During the process, the SDIA can provide services with farsighted display technology for trial production, promote the commercialization of innovative technologies, and interconnect the demands between domestic and international application fields associated with Smart Healthcare, Smart Retail, Smart Mobility, Smart Education and Recreation. Not only introduces the solutions of smart display system integration into field and scenario verification but also the policies and resources to encourage industrial upgrading for boosting the sustainable development of the smart display industry in Taiwan and gaining a whole new competitive advantage globally.
Scope of Applications
The SDIA Secretariat is held by the Smart Color Display Industry Project Office (CIPO) which was founded by the Industrial Development Bureau of the Industrial Development Administration. The SDIA Secretariat is responsible for the alliance operation, task coordination between each promotion working group and SIG, integration and disclosure of alliance-related information, as well as facilitating lateral communication between members and hosting business matchmaking events. The SDIA Secretariat serves as the bridge between manufacturers and the smart field markets. By integration and sharing of information, it assists members in exploring business opportunities and creating a blue ocean for mutual benefits.
- Smart field trend seminars or forums
- Smart display application field exchange meetings
- Emergency technology seminars
- Upstream, midstream, and downstream cooperation in smart display industry
- Cross-sector collaboration between smart healthcare/retail/mobile/recreation fields and smart display industry
- Alignment between member demand and customized supply
- Promotion of system application and innovative product development
- Providing members with the latest information about global display and application market
- Output to the domestic and international field markets
Trial Production Platform
- High-end display production, such as Micro LED/OLED/sensor fusion
- Introducing scenarios of integration applications to verify the value of the display module
- Contact us: IDB.SDIA@itri.org.tw
- Contents of inquiry: The names of your organization and contact personnel, phone number, e-mail address, request, etc.